Use this step-by-step checklist as a tool to help facilitate the process of getting a mortgage, but be sure to check with your mortgage consultant to see whether any additional steps are required.
Step 1: Work with your mortgage specialist to provide financing for your home purchase.
- Get pre-qualified
- Get pre-approved
Step 2: Select a home
Step 3: Get a fully executed sales contract on a home
Step 4: Select the type of mortgage you want
Step 5: Contact your National Penn mortgage professional to complete the application process:
- Complete the loan application
- Review and collect the applicable Loan Application Materials
- Within three days of loan application, you will receive a good faith estimate, Truth in Lending and other regulatory disclosures
- Loan submitted for final review and decision
Step 6: Closing
- Closing date and location is scheduled
- Final loan closing documents are prepared and reviewed
- Review and sign all loan closing documents
- Your mortgage is recorded
- Save money at closing if you have or open a ValuePlus Checking account, you can save $250 off fees at closing.*
*Offer is good on new mortage applications only and cannot be combined with any other promotion or coupon. Discount is applicable on loans that currently charge a fee. Residential mortgages subject to lender's regular credit criteria. Credit will be issued at time of closing. Ask for more details or request a disclosure book.